DConf 2014 acceptance rate likely under 50%

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:49:17 PST 2014

On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 21:28:24 UTC, John Carter wrote:
> At various academic conferences I have attended they have had
> "Poster
> Sessions" where instead of a formal stand up and talk people
> put up A0
> posters.
>
> The submitter then can stand around to field questions and
> deeper
> discussion from those interested.
>
> Although A0 paper is a bit Old Worlde in this age. Maybe a
> bunch of screens
> to websites containing the "Poster" and slots when you can come
> around
> (physically or online) and chat to the author.

Back in 2012 I attended CITRENZ conference and won the best
student post award. It was in the format of an interactive
poster. In other words I had a screen with the actual poster
(digital form) as well as a mini presentation where by I was
demonstrating brain computer interface (BCI) technology and
explaining its significance.

Other posters were actually in paper form. I believe it was A0.
Not all were part of the competition. A lot were for pre paper
demonstration of research.

Something like this would be rather neat to have. That way those
who can't be there or cannot do a talk, can present something
without taking up much time.