https everywhere

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 21 22:58:55 PST 2014

On 2/21/2014 5:50 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 21:50:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> On 2/21/2014 3:57 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>>
>>> For $59.90 Walter could get a class 2 organization verification for
>>> Digital Mars and do code signing so we can get rid of that scary message
>>> when people run the installer. We use StartSSL for our code signing and
>>> website SSL and are happy with it.
>>
>> I think it's pretty much standard practice in the Windows world to
>> ignore that warning. I've seen very little software that does bother
>> with that code signing.
>
> I think it's ignored by users like you and I but at my work we'd get
> worried calls from our customers thinking our installer was unsafe so we
> ended up adding code signing.

Perhaps so. Although FWIW, there's also a *lot* of average-joe users (I
personally know far too many) who flat-out *refuse* to read any word
that ever appears on their screen. These
retards^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople^H^H^H^H^H^Hworthless wastes of carbon view
"words" as things to be immediately shoo'ed away in a frenzy of mindless
clicking and "How do I make this go away?!?!?" (Me: "Uhh, make
what...well What does it say?" The Retard: "I dunno. I didn't read it."
"[silently:]FFFUUUUCCCKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!").

To be perfectly honest I actually *am* genuinely surprised to hear of
the existence of retards who actually *do* read words on screens. Sounds
almost like a paradise of geniuses compared to the bullshit I've always
had to put up with.