std.signal : voting results

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Thu Jan 23 00:55:27 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 23:19:08 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> This is also the reason why I would have voted "no" if I made
> it in time. Documentation and implementation can be fixed
> later, but we would have had to support a borderline-broken API
> (with regards to type stringification) for the foreseeable
> future.

The main problem with `std.signal` API is private signals. I
think it's important feature, but Robert created additional
struct `Signal`, enum `Protection` and string mixin `signal` to
implement it.

It's only 2 possible solutions: remove private signals or
implement new D feature like `friend` keyword.

What can we do? Will we create DIP or bugzilla issue? Andrei,
what do you think about it?