New debugger for D!!!

Idan Arye GenericNPC at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 07:23:27 PST 2014

On Monday, 27 January 2014 at 16:42:14 UTC, Sarath Kodali wrote:
> p1.1 SUSPENDED  [D main in dbg.d]
> 179:      auto cmd = new Command(uiType);
> dbg> step -o
> p1.1 STEPPED  [D main in dbg.d]
> 180:      cmd.rc_exec(GLOBAL_DBGRC_FILE);

Would you mind putting the line number in the same line as the
file name? I'm working on a debugger plugin for Vim, and I would
obviously want to support your debugger once it's released. I
find it easy to interpret the debugger output line by line, and
it really makes things hard when I have to join data from
multiple lines...

You said you want to add JSON and\or CSV output formats, Vim
doesn't support JSON natively and CSV is still multiple lines.
So, if it wouldn't be too hard having data in the same line can
be really be helpful!

This is also true when printing values - having the expression
and the result printed at the same line makes things easier to
interpret.

BTW, would you mind picking a different name? I understand that
"dbg" stands for "D Debugger", but there is already a debugger
named "dbg"(http://www.php-debugger.com/dbg/) and with a name so
generic I would be surprised if there aren't other debuggers with
that name...