DMD v2.066.0-b3

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 23:59:16 PDT 2014

On 15.07.2014 04:06, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 15 July 2014 07:37, Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
> <mailto:digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 14.07.2014 16:17, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>
>         I've been running beta2, and I noticed that class debugging isn't
>         working. There was a discussion some time back about how class
>         members
>         weren't evaluated correctly in Win64, and it was said that it
>         was fixed
>         in master.
>         I was excited and patiently awaiting the release.
>
>         Can anyone who knows about this stuff comment?
>

>     You have to use -gc instead of -g to enable the '.' to '@'
>     translation inside class names.
>

> Shouldn't that be the default then? It's no good not being able to view
> class members...

Please convince Walter, I was unsuccessful. In his favor, there are
debug engines that understand type names with '.', like mago. It would
be strange to burden these with '@'.

I guess I'll have to add some "best option for selected debug engine" to
Visual D, though.

> Are you sure that's the problem? If I inspect a class, it shows a grid
> populated with the proper number of members, but the member names are
> blank and the values are blank too.
> Occasionally, if there are many members, the first 10 or so are blank,
> but then the rest display properly from there down. It's very strange...
> you haven't experienced this?
> If the problem is as you say, I'm surprised that it would occasionally
> work past the first 10 members or so...

That was exactly my experience, too, and led to the workaround (this was
long before Win64 support, though). If there is a better solution,
please speak up ;-)