DConf 2014 Day 2 Talk 6: Debugging in D by Iain Buclaw

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 22 03:54:51 PDT 2014

On 15/07/2014 02:59, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> I have had problems with the linker when trying to link GDC and MSC
> objects together.
> You lose the debug info for one or the other world. You can't have dwarf
> and cv8/pdb together.
> And to be useful, there would need to be some visual studio integration
> for dwarf debugging :/

Linking problems aside, if GDC on Windows produces proper DWARF debug
info, you can debug the GDC compiled code with GDB and a graphical
frontend such as DDT+CDT, you don't need Visual Studio.
But, like you said, the Windows/MingW port of GDC is not maintained so
it's all just theoretical as things stand.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros