Article: Functional image processing in D

Phil Theotherphil at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 04:25:03 PDT 2014

This is very cool. What are the performance implications of
treating colour images as arrays of tuples rather than a flat
array? For example, if I wanted to iterate through every channel
of every pixel in an RGB image or modify the R channel of every
pixel, could I generally expect the compiler to optimise the
extra overhead away? Also, do you have any ideas on how you could
vectorise code like this while still providing a nice API?