Tkd - Cross platform GUI toolkit based on Tcl/Tk

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 5 03:54:46 PDT 2014

On Monday, 5 May 2014 at 08:58:34 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Sunday, 4 May 2014 at 19:19:57 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
>> -Jsource/example/media: Use "stringImportPaths" to specify
>> import paths in a compiler independent way
>
>> Error: multiple definition of tcl_38_307: _Tcl_Main and
>> Tcl_Main: _Tcl_Main
>
> These errors should now be fixed in Tkd v1.0.1-beta.

I don't have the time to use this right now, but I will need a
working _portable_ GUI framework in a near-future project, so I
just want to say that this is awesome.

BTW, this is probably not a good idea in near future but it I
think it would be good to have a builtin Tkinter equivalent for
D. Even if it's not completely phobos-like (Tkinter is not
entirely pythonic either), having a basic GUI framework ready to
go without any extra setup is a huge advantage.