Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 27 16:13:34 PDT 2014

Brian Schott, el 27 de May a las 20:03 me escribiste:
> On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 19:44:01 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> >Really? What I got out of it was that D doesn't need people like
> >him because his job is to explain the inconsistencies of the
> >language. By designing a consistent language in the first place,
> >people can readily understand it in all context thereby
> >eliminating the need for people like him.
>
> Another point is that D is still small enough that we have time to
> fix things before they get out of control.
>
> (One of my favorite parts of this talk is when he points out that
> you need parenthesis in a specific kind of lambda just because the
> committee forgot to update the grammar specification.)

This is very related to Don's message of last year's talk about ROI of
breaking changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwKRYrfEyY#t=30m55s