"Programming in D" book, draft of the first print edition and eBook formats

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 26 11:35:46 PST 2014

On 11/26/2014 03:42 AM, Anonymous wrote:

 > - do you know that your website has serious design issue ?

Of course. :(

 > - does "paper version" mean "no more free" pdf/ebook ?

My current thinking is that all of the ebook formats should be free but
also purchasable.

A distributor like Smashwords would reach more readers. However, a
person who is interested in D would find the book on my site anyway. (I
wonder whether Smashwords would allow me to also provide the book for
free on my site?)

For the print version, I am thinking about Amazon's CreateSpace mainly
because unlike Lulu and many other self-publishing houses they accept
more than 440 pages.

Ali