crate.d a draft for a mvc library

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 29 19:11:41 PST 2014

On 30/11/2014 1:20 p.m., Dylan Knutson wrote:
> MongoModel in the model part of crate.d is interesting, and I'm glad to
> see there's a more structured way of interacting with MongoDB than just
> poking at untyped objects. I think D is still missing a really good ORM
> (Rikki's dvorm is a start), but there's nothing out there that conforms
> to the "activerecord" pattern as far as I can tell.

There is hibernated around, but something about it always made me go
yeah no. But so does actual hibernate so meh.

Dvorm was meant as a very simple interface completely abstracted out
from the database engine itself :) It does this very well, even can
send/receive emails!

I would like to eventually build another library that is backwards
compatible with Dvorm but with a lot more features. And far less
database engine abstracted away.
Mostly so things like Cmsed don't need a full rewrite.
But alas, I'm trying to improve the situation for gui's atm.