[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 1 14:15:41 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 20:45:14 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> I suspect Mint may need to do things that way just as a
> manpower issue. Mint's a popular distro, but I get the
> impression it's development is a relatively small grassroots
> thing with much more limited resources than say Debian or
> Ubuntu. (Of course, I could be wrong.)

This matches my observations too. It gained lot of popularity
when Ubuntu switched to Unity as default desktop environment and
Fedora moved with Gnome 3 - quite many users started looking for
a distro with more conservative defaults. However its development
/ maintenance team does not seem to match that popularity burst.