DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.3

Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 3 06:18:49 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 13:10:28 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 03/09/14 11:08, Chris wrote:
>
>> If I install dmd 2.066 with dvm, it won't overwrite or change
>> anything?
>
> No, the whole idea is to have multiple compilers installed
> simultaneous.
>
>> I'll soon be moving my code from 2.065 to 2.066, but I want to
>> keep
>> 2.065 around for a while to maintain existing code till the
>> transition
>> is complete.
>
> Yes, that's the whole idea.
>
>> And how do I integrate it with dub?
>
> It doesn't have a direct integration with Dub. But that's the
> other part of the idea. Just run "dvm use <compiler_version>"
> to set the version you want to use. When Dub runs DMD it will
> use the one you chose earlier. It works with any tool invoking
> DMD in the same session as you run "dvm use".

Thanks. I thought so, I just wanted to be 100% sure it really
works this way, before doing anything. Hit-and-miss can cause
some serious headaches when dealing with different dmd compilers.

Thanks also for the great tool. This will make the transition a
lot easier.