Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 21 08:21:18 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 06:43:25 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Could anybody wrote very simple tutorial, that show how to use
> any popular C/C++ lib without binding? I mean step by step
> manual.
>
> Also it would be nice to get binary builds for Windows to test.

Sorry for the wait.

So Calypso still can't load the MSVC C++ standard lib. I thought
Kelly managed to build some STL examples but actually it's not
remotely possible yet. The main blocker is that template
instances often depend on each other (but not in their entirety)
which cause forward reference errors in DMD.

However it works with MinGW-w64, but this wasn't remotely
straightforward either, I had to modify Clang to make it detect
correctly the MinGW paths (which are hardcoded in Clang and
obsolete):

  - install mingw-w64, in the installer choose 4.9.2, DWARF
exceptions and POSIX threads
  - download http://homo-nebulus.fr/dlang/Calypso_mingw-w64.7z
  - extract the archive over the MinGW root directory (where the
bin/, etc/, etc. folders lie)
  - correct the paths in /etc/ldc.conf
  - add Z:\path\to\MingW\bin to your PATH environment variable in
your System settings (e.g follow:
http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx)

Then you can build the examples in tests/