Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 29 08:33:36 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 14:45:42 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 April 2015 at 08:04:46 UTC, Kelly wrote:
>> I haven't tried Qt yet because it needs to be hand-compiled
>> with a user supplied namespace
>
> Aren't there precompiled versions?

Kagamin,

Yes, the precompiled version was the problem. They didn't use the
'QT_NAMESPACE' option when compiling the precompiled versions of
Qt, so there was no namespace to import with Calypso.

This isn't a problem anymore because Calypso can import libraries
without an explicit namespace now, as long as it has a modulemap
(that was part of the updating effort over the last week). I
think it might be possible to use parts of Qt now, but Elie is
looking into that so I'll let him reveal how much works.

Thanks,
Kelly