Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 29 01:50:43 PDT 2015

A small update may be appropriate. We have run into a couple
snags this past week when Elie improved the modulemap'ing for C
files.

Calypso now autodetects modulemap files for libc and POSIX
standard headers in the /usr/include directory and
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys. This change took a few days
and many libraries broke in the meantime, but now things are back
to approximately where they were last week (although one
improvement is that <iterator> now compiles).

There was also a backport from D2.068 to allow MSVC library usage
which should move things along on Win platforms.

Upon further testing of the LEMON library, I discovered that many
things worked, but there is still one or two errors that make it
not quite work for everything, so rewriting a nice example in D
didn't quite work out.

Efforts continue and hopefully we can get at least one library
completely working soon, so that a proper example of Calypso's
use can be written. I think things are quite close now because I
was able to use every class, struct, function, etc. (that I tried
randomly) in scintilla with just a couple hand written fixes to
two scintilla header files. I think scintilla, LEMON and libzmq
are the closest to working at this point.

Thanks for your patience,
Kelly