Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 29 09:34:21 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 at 14:57:43 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> What about Qt? I don't remember it being heavily templated.

Thanks for the hint, it's definitely true for most of the code of
Qt although there are still a few areas like QtCore/qtypetraits.h
or Q_STATIC_ASSERT in non-C++11 mode that are tormenting Calypso
(and helped fix bugs). But overall it seems like a much shorter
list of errors compared to other libs, so there may be something
to show soon :)

On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 15:33:38 UTC, Kelly wrote:
> This isn't a problem anymore because Calypso can import
> libraries without an explicit namespace now, as long as it has
> a modulemap (that was part of the updating effort over the last
> week).

Actually it's not due to that directly but because there were a
few Qt global functions and variables (e.g in QtCore/qnumeric.h)
that some Qt classes depend upon and caused a large part of the C
standard lib to be imported, which would fail because there are
some variables and structs that share the same name.

It works properly now that symbols from the C standard lib are
split across several modules (so no more name conflicts).