Release D 2.069.0

Márcio Martins via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 8 05:14:58 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 08:39:26 UTC, Jean-Yves Vion-Dury
wrote:
> On Monday, 7 December 2015 at 17:32:05 UTC, Márcio Martins
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 7 December 2015 at 17:06:48 UTC, Jean-Yves
>> Vion-Dury wrote:
>>>

>>> FYI, I just installed the 2.069 version, and now I'm unable
>>> to compile some modules, getting the same "Error: out of
>>> memory". I isolated a tiny one raising the issue, and its all
>>> about a moderately complex ctRegex expression (see below)
>>> that seems to brake the compiler. Other modules also raise
>>> the problem, but they are bigger in term of code lines.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Windows?
>
> Yes indeed, Windows... is it a problem (the previous version
> was fine with my environment)?

You will need to add the add the LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag to your
executable manually. It is supposed to be done automatically, but
it is not working currently, so you will have to do it
manually... It indeed stopped working since 2.069.0.
Unfortunately, it is a royal pain in the anus, because you need
to download the WDK. To save you some pain, if you have Windows
10, it's WDK doesn't install property, so you best install WDK
8.1 which works smooth. Perhaps there are some other tools that
do it, but I am always reluctant to download these sort of stuff
from untrusted sources.