DlangIDE update

default0 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 8 10:18:29 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 15:58:43 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> DlangIDE is getting close to usable.
> DlangIDE is and IDE for D programming language written in D
> using DlangUI library.

Sweet! Glad you're back and working on this!
Was wanting to give it a shot, but typing } on my keyboard
(german layout, right-alt + 0) did not actually insert the
character into the opened document, so I gave up.
Most of the UI stuff looks really neat (especially like the
directory structure preview when creating a new
project/workspace), but obviously still needs a lot of work (you
cannot drag dialogs around, fe).
One of the things I did manage to try was putting a readln() into
the standard hello-world-console-app preset. Turns out that it
causes dlangide to hang up because it's not actually possible to
have user input (or to configure dlangide to start the project
separately so a regular console window appears). Killing the
started process also was not possible since the respective option
to stop debugging is still grayed out.

 From the looks of it, this is very promising though. I like the
Workspace layout and the general feel of the IDE (very
responsive, very clean) and it all kind of makes me wish it
wouldn already have enough features (especially debugging!) to be
a viable option.

I still haven't written much D code and my time is somewhat
limited, but if there are simple tasks you need to get done, I
would be glad to offer help!

Here's to hoping this IDE will keep going and turn out well :-)