Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 12 18:56:55 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 February 2015 at 22:38:51 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
> On Monday, 9 February 2015 at 07:10:56 UTC, Suliman wrote:
>> If somebody have working Windows build, could you please share
>> it?
>
> It would be nice to know if someone even managed to build
> Calypso on Windows yet :)

Hello Elie,

I have tried to build and use a few versions of Calypso/ldc with
vs2013 and only the newest combination of LLVM and ldc from git
work. llvm-3.6 with the corresponding ldc doesn't compile cleanly
and neither does llvm-3.5 with ldc or Calypso with vs2013. Lastly
Calypso with llvm3.7git doesn't compile, which is to be expected
because of the many win64 patches that have been pushed to ldc
the last couple months.

Anyways, I just thought I would let you, and any interested
others, know that Calypso won't build and run properly (or at
least I couldn't get it to build/run) on Win7 with vs2013 today.
Maybe things would work with llvm-3.5 and mingw with clang? I
don't think so, though.

I'll take a look at merging together Calypso and ldc since the
split, if you like...hopefully not many conflicts. Not sure what
all changed in llvm between 3.5 and 3.7, though.

Thanks,
Kelly