Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 15 06:03:20 PST 2015

On Sunday, 15 February 2015 at 11:48:50 UTC, Kelly wrote:
> Alirighty, Calypso builds and runs on both Linux and Win64 with
> that last change from today in my fork. Now when I say 'runs'
> on Linux, I mean it runs properly and fully (compiling and
> running all examples from Feb 8th)...but when I say 'runs' on
> Win64, I should say 'runs as far as it can' because there is an
> internal LLVM assert with getVTableContext "Microsoft
> VTableContext not yet supported"  ....  UGH! :(

It's from Calypso actually, the assert is in gen/dcxxclasses.cpp
and is only triggered by D classes inheriting from C++ classes
with a vtable.

If the rest works as usual on Linux you got the most important
covered. I'll check your merge as soon as I'm done fixing a
linking error with the std::string example the latest additions
introduced, then I'll add the Microsoft VTableContext support so
we could get those first working binaries for Windows users :)

However LLVM and Clang 3.6 aren't even released yet (next week),
IMHO it would be wiser to stick with 3.6 and get LDC/Calypso
working with 3.6 until 3.7 is more stable. Did you mean that even
LDC can't be built by MSVC with LLVM 3.6 atm?