Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 15 06:30:44 PST 2015

On Sunday, 15 February 2015 at 14:03:22 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
> It's from Calypso actually, the assert is in
> gen/dcxxclasses.cpp and is only triggered by D classes
> inheriting from C++ classes with a vtable.

Ah, sorry I see it now...there is the assert and then a backtrace
that indicates that an llvm file had the assert, but the actual
error does print from within dxxclasses.cpp before the assert
code backtrace.

> If the rest works as usual on Linux you got the most important
> covered. I'll check your merge as soon as I'm done fixing a
> linking error with the std::string example the latest additions
> introduced, then I'll add the Microsoft VTableContext support
> so we could get those first working binaries for Windows users
> :)

Ok, cool. Hopefully that is the only difficulty left.

> However LLVM and Clang 3.6 aren't even released yet (next
> week), IMHO it would be wiser to stick with 3.6 and get
> LDC/Calypso working with 3.6 until 3.7 is more stable. Did you
> mean that even LDC can't be built by MSVC with LLVM 3.6 atm?

Actually, I am not totally sure whether the current LDC will
build with 3.6 on Win64. I didn't want to try it until 3.6 is
finalized because building takes forever on Windoze!!!!!!!
Probably 10 times slower than Linux/OSX...and my Win7 machine
is a dual quad-core i7 with 12GB RAM!! A much better machine
than my Linux machines.

Anyways, once 3.6 final comes out we'll have to  see if it
works, I guess.

Thanks,
Kelly