New book: Developing with compile time in mind

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 17 04:08:06 PST 2015

On 18/02/2015 12:49 a.m., Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 16:40 +1300, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>>
> […]
>> Just let me know any improvements that could be made. Updates are
>> free after all! (Leanpub is amazing, what with markdown writing and
>> all).
>
> How did you find Markdown for writing a book?
>
> My prejudice is that you need XeLaTeX or AsciiDoc for large document
> writing, especially when targeting press PDF.

Rather enjoyable.
I loved that I could just write my content. Maybe splash some hashes or
{pagebreak} in there.

Although I lost a lot of control especially since leanpub's system isn't
opensource unfortunately. But I intend to fix that one day ;)