Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 08:18:09 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 08:52:33 UTC, Kelly wrote:
> Hello Elie,
>
> I just pushed a small pull request for
> fromTypeTemplateSpecialization. I forgot to mention in the
> request that the changes allow bitset.d to be compiled and run
> again.

Thanks for looking into this, I'll check your PR.

> With those changes all the examples compile and run again.
> There are still two errors when compiling vector.d. Clang
> errors when making the pch file. LDC2 still runs and produces a
> working binary anyways.
>
> Not sure what you are working on, but I can look at those
> errors if you like.

Are these errors occurring when Clang generates the PCH or later
in the semantic pass? There might be errors during the
instantiation of member functions of class templates because
Calypso tries to instantiate everything (whereas Clang
instantiates them lazily), but it's no big deal, later they'll be
made silent.

BTW I just pushed support for function template instantiation.

So lately thanks to a bit of free time there has been quite a lot
of new features implemented: overloaded operators, function
templates, and groundwork for class value types (they were added
to the AST as a new semi-hackish kind of type, they make mapping
any C++ type possible but they can't be used directly from D code
yet).

Operators should make std::map usable, so I'm going to resume
testing further STL types.