Dgame revived

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 23 02:10:21 PST 2015

On 2/23/2015 4:01 PM, Namespace wrote:
>> On OSX you can load either "legacy" version of OpenGL so 1.x/2.x or
>> 3.x+. Not both. I found this out for Devisualization.Window. Most
>> likely dgame by default is loading it in legacy mode.
>
> Derelict GL is loading in legacy mode. You have to call 'reload' after
> creating a valid GL Context to update your OpenGL to the highest
> possible version. Maybe that doesn't work on Mac?

load will pull in 1.1 functions only, nothing more. reload will load in
whatever is supported by the current context. So if your context only
supports 2.1, only functions up to 2.1 will be loaded. One of the
earlier posts showed what needs to be done on Mac to get a 3.x context.
In SDL, that means the following:

```
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK,
SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_CORE);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS,
SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_FLAG);
```