GSoC 2015 - Application Rejected

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 2 16:42:31 PST 2015

On 3/2/15 11:08 AM, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
> Unfortunately our organizational proposal for the 2015 Google Summer of
> Code was rejected.  Thanks to everyone who helped out on this,
> especially to those who volunteered to mentor.
>
> I've asked Google to provide me with feedback, and I will post that here
> once/if I get something from them.
>
> If I am not asked to resign I am happy to volunteer for this post again
> next year. Hopefully I can learn something from this year and any
> feedback they provide.

Thanks, Craig. I'm glad you asked, please follow through politely if at
first you don't get an answer; Carol is very nice but (a) at this point
in the GSoC timeline she's super busy, and (b) she won't reply to any
question about rejection that alleges unfairness. So a kind request for
what we can do in the future to improve our chances might fare well.

We've done well, I think, in 2011 and 2012 (except for the one student
who failed to deliver) so something about our reporting might have
failed GSoC's expectations.

Andrei