dfmt 0.1.0

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 4 07:04:56 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 March 2015 at 14:53:22 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-03-04 at 14:21 +0000, Dicebot via
> Digitalmars-d-announce
> wrote:
> […]
>>
>> No. https://github.com/Hackerpilot/libdparse
>
> Well this a bit not efficient, one D parser written in D for the
> compiler and a separate D parser written in D for the code
> formatter.
> What can go wrong.

All Brian tools use the same libdparse. Those include DCD,
DScanner, dfix, dfmt and probably some others I am not aware of.
It was also proposed for inclusion into Phobos a while ago but
review pressure was too high.

I hope it will eventually replace the legacy lexer/parser
converted from DMD C sources - it is much more pleasant to work
with.

(there is no such thing as "one D parser written in D for the
compiler")