DDT 0.11.0 released

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 23 05:39:47 PDT 2015

On 20/03/2015 04:12, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 19 March 2015 at 07:12, Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> On 18/03/2015 00:12, Trent Forkert wrote:
>>>

>>> Unless something has changed recently, it shouldn't require dub. Last
>>> time I checked, my CMake work[1] could still generate projects for
>>> Eclipse from a D codebase, using Makefiles or Ninja. Not that that helps
>>> if you are creating a project from an Eclipse Wizard, which I haven't
>>> done in a long time.
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/trentforkert/cmake
>>

>> What kind of Eclipse projects does it generate? If it generates CDT
>> projects, it's not really much help as CDT doesn't understand D (duh),
>

>> and DDT doesn't work with CDT projects (also duh).
>
> Why is that 'duh'? I would expect nothing less than for DDT and CDT to
> interact comprehensively.

Fair enough on that last 'duh', it could have been that DDT integrated
with CDT.

> VisualD and Mono-D interact extensively with the existing C/C++
> toolsets present on those platforms.

Do they now? I'm inclined to try them out again because I'm a bit
skeptical of that comment, as least in how it applies to this discussion.
For example, does Mono-D allow to seamlessly create a crossplatform
"solution" with a D project interacting with a C project (and/or the
opposite). And what exactly "seamlessly" means here, what is offered in
Mono-D that couldn't be done in DDT?

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros