Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 26 11:24:20 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 18:07:39 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 03/26/2015 02:04 PM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
>> On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 18:00:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
>> wrote:
>>> So no, this is NOT some sort of "D community piece attacking
>>> another
>>> language" as some comments seem to imply. It is merely an
>>> isolated
>>> critique of one language by someone who happens to be *using*
>>> the
>>> given language.
>>
>> ==> digitalmars.D.announce
>
> Oh, so you were merely objecting to it being posted on
> D.announce rather than objecting to the article itself?
> Nevermind then.

I was merely pointing out that the D community comes through as
desperate. Whether that is objectionable depends on how one wants
to be perceived? Maybe it is the truth? In that case it is a good
thing that it comes through as desperate!! ;^)

And yes, when it is posted to the announcement list by one of the
D language designers it is given a different status than merely
being a random rant using toy examples. Obvious ranting is okish
if it doesn't pretend to be more than that, but then it isn't
something to be announced... is it?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/people_who_live_in_glass_houses_shouldn%27t_throw_stones