Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 26 11:39:36 PDT 2015

Btw, I have nothing against people complaining about Go's lack of
productivity features and pointing out that they have competition
from  D. After all, I too did some ranting on the topic back in
2009:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/TTCaIpSxn2U%5B1-25%5D

«I think Go has set off onto a very nice track, but it doesn't
seem
like you guys have really managed to communicate in which
direction
you are heading. I expect Go to improve, but if it isn't going to
provide for more error-catching facilities then it probably isn't
worth the trouble. Go has more competition than C and C++: D
comes to
mind along with other smaller competitors.»

Nothing is new under the sun etc...