Please vote for the DConf logo

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 14 04:07:07 PST 2015

On 13/11/2015 14:52, anonymous wrote:

> I/we should make an SVG version that uses paths instead of <text>, so
> that it doesn't depend on a local font. Maybe agree on the font first,
> though.

With the chosen font installed ("Droid Sans", Apache 2.0 licence) the
text balances well (or at least better than with the font my system was
substituting) with the graphic in both weight and spacing. I think the
capitalised D works well enough too.

I have a personal dislike of narrow D glyphs, so I'd like to move the
swoosh a small distance from the spire to add a horizontal hint to the
outline.

I think the text could be closer to the glyph, and higher, such that the
D is in about the 2-o'clock position on the swoosh, which I think would
reflect the Dlang logo more strongly.