Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 04:28:47 PST 2015

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 11:15:41 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 09:55:43 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 09:12:42 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>>> I see that if that RT music thing doesn't pan out for you,
>>> you can always become a psychiatrist. You are a man a many
>>> talents, congrats.
>>
>> Maybe you and Guillaume Piolat should try to tone down your
>> french rhetorics? I don't think Ponce's product benefits from
>> this (or from announcing that he is using a GC.).
>
> I must admit the inflammatory tone got me. Sorry to everyone
> reading this thread.

:) What about writing a blog about the sonic qualities and
measurable qualities of your plugin? I sure would want to read
that.

And I think that is more interesting to musicians than what
language you use (which can easily be misinterpreted if you say
you are not using C/C++ ;)

The sound samples sound quite a bit like the classic vocal sound
of Infected Mushroom to my ears, which is cool. I assume you are
using a peak detector to get the consonants through and granular
synthesis to do the frequency shifting in the time domain?

Maybe something like this for transients, or perhaps something
less involved?

http://recherche.ircam.fr/anasyn/roebel/paper/icmc2003.pdf