Fastest JSON parser in the world is a D project

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 14 18:27:19 PDT 2015

Am Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:55:18 +0000
schrieb Idan Arye <GenericNPC at gmail.com>:

> On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 at 07:35:49 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> >     auto json = parseTrustedJSON(`{ "coordinates": [ { "x": 1,
> > "y": 2, "z": 3 }, … ] }`);
>
> I assume parseTrustedJSON is not validating? Did you use it in
> the benchmark? And were the competitors non-validating as well?

That is correct. For the benchmark parseJSONFile was used
though, which validates UTF-8 and JSON in the used portions.
That probably renders your third question superfluous. I
wouldn't know anyways, but am inclined to think they all
validate the entire JSON and some may skip UTF-8 validation,
which is a low cost operation in this ASCII file anyways.

--
Marco