Fastest JSON parser in the world is a D project

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 16 07:05:47 PDT 2015

On Friday, 16 October 2015 at 12:53:09 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

>> Yes, you can. GPL only affects distribution of executables to
>> third
>> party, it doesn't affect services. Maybe you are thinking of
>> AGPL, which
>> also affects services. But even AGPL allows internal usage.
>>

> No, you cannot link against GPL library without making your
> code also GPL. "Services" I don't think have anything to do
> with this, we are talking about binary linking.

There was something called the "server loophole." The language of
GPLv2 only requires source to be distributed if the binaries are
distributed. The Affero GPL was created to close the loophole,
requiring source to be made available even if the binaries aren't
distributed. IIRC, GPLv3 requires the same.