Go 1.5

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 21 19:15:49 PDT 2015

On Monday, 21 September 2015 at 19:32:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> If the compiler can prove that two pointers point to
> non-overlapping memory regions then the compiler can optimize
> better. This is one of the reasons why Fortran compilers
> managed to do better than C for a long time.

Interesting. Not to resurrect the older D vs. Rust thread, but I
have heard it that it can be painful to do some things in Rust. D
often has the ability to do unsafe things, like disable the GC. I
was looking at how Rust has raw pointers and smart pointers. I'm
curious as to what it is missing that is making things more
difficult for people. If you or anyone has any idea.