reggae v0.5.0: new features in the D meta-build system

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 25 14:27:19 PDT 2015

On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 12:09:01 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2015-09-24 16:46, Atila Neves wrote:
>
>> That's not been my experience at all using reggae. I only do
>> incremental
>> builds now and have never run into a problem. Can you give an
>> example?
>
> Here's one old post [1] that describes the problem. I'm not
> sure how much of it still applies today.
>
> [1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/h8ddc5$1h67$1@digitalmars.com

I wasn't around in 2009 so I don't how dmd was then.

How does one compile 3 files "at the same time" and generate 3
object files? There was a reference to a -multiobj option in that
post but that's not even in the man page.

Even if it exists and works as I assume it does, it seems to me
to be a silly way to compile files. As Andrei mentioned at DConf
this year, the D idiom is to group source files per package when
compiling. That's what reggae does by default for D files. It
just works.

Atila