Ddb needs a maintainer

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 04:01:11 PST 2016

On 2016-02-13 14:11, Eugene Wissner wrote:

> Indeed. I have a fresh organization where I maintain D code:
> https://github.com/caraus-ecms. I could move it there and add pszturmaj
> to the organization.

I don't see anything with the things you don't like about vibe.d going
against vibe.d. It's just the default settings/choices that don't match
what you want/need.

"vibe.d is a framework to develop servers, network applications, it
isn't really something you would usually use to develop a simple webpage
or a blog or a forum."

There are some abstractions on top of vibe.d [1] [2].

"I don't like Diet-Jade templates. I prefer templating engines like
Mustache or Smarty."

There are several Mustache packages for available through Dub [3] [4] [5].

"I don't like the choice of databases. Ok, I actually could write a
driver for another database... I would go for PostgreSQL for the first
time and it is still unsupported by default."

Ddb, you already know about that one.

"I want to learn D. PHP or Java may have too many frameworks, but it is
still good to have a few of them, so people can choose what they like more."

If you don't like any of the packages you can write your own on top of
vibe.d.

What I mean is that you don't need to start from scratch and write a
completely new web framework.

[1] http://code.dlang.org/packages/action-pack
[2] http://code.dlang.org/packages/zeal

[3] http://code.dlang.org/packages/semitwistweb