DigitalWhip

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 14:25:04 PST 2016

On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 19:29:54 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> I think that in the context of a render farm, disabling bounds
> checking is completely reasonable. Bugs will manifest as
> crashes or rendering artifacts, and there is no risk of code
> execution exploits.

But nobody would write a render-engine in Go. Most likely you
would write it for GPU support and certainly use SIMD heavily.
That's what current engines do. So if it is a benchmark, then it
makes perfect sense to use the same feature set for all languages.

But optimization should be set to the highest possible, including
whole program optimization where available. It's a benchmark...