Better docs for D (WIP)

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 08:18:51 PST 2016

On 2016-01-05 15:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> That said, in a git-controlled directory things aren't that bad. "git
> clean -dfx" removes uncontrolled files and "git checkout" makes sure all
> files are present. Would you recommend switching to wildcards in our
> makefiles and assume people use git to keep their directories in good
> shape?

I would recommend against doing any form of cleaning. We don't want to
remove untracked files that the user has added, for whatever reason.
Instead "git ls-files" can be used. That will list all files tracked by
git. Then of course adding wildcards, like *.d, where appropriate.
Scoping to a single directory should also minimize unwanted files.

--
/Jacob Carlborg