Better docs for D (WIP)

default0 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 08:35:31 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 15:54:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 01/05/2016 10:15 AM, bachmeier wrote:
>> The problem is not that my PR was (for practical purposes)
>> rejected. As
>> an academic I deal with both sides of peer review all the
>> time. The
>> problem is that I was forced to put so much time into it just
>> to make a
>> suggestion. With Adam's project, I can send him an email with a
>> suggested change, and he can do as he wishes with it. It will
>> take two
>> minutes of my time.
>
> I agree that the best aspect of Adam's system is Adam.
>

> Andrei

Yes, and because its lots of effort flowing into something that D
is usually very fond of: Simplicity.
I remember looking at a part of the documentation and wanting to
suggest a change of wording in a few sentences, since I felt like
they didn't convey information clear enough, but after seeing
that I would have to somehow best-guess my way through tons of
macro syntax without clear indication on where to look for
explanations of anything I bailed. Not about to spend half a day
or a day to suggest changing three sentences and be told that
they were fine as is. Sending Adam an E-Mail is something I
totally would've done though :-)