Better docs for D (WIP)

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 10:09:57 PST 2016

On 01/05/2016 11:35 AM, default0 wrote:

> Yes, and because its lots of effort flowing into something that D is
> usually very fond of: Simplicity.

I'll be curious how the simplicity theme keeps when needed features get
added. dlang.org started very simple and grew by accretion.

> I remember looking at a part of the documentation and wanting to suggest
> a change of wording in a few sentences, since I felt like they didn't
> convey information clear enough, but after seeing that I would have to
> somehow best-guess my way through tons of macro syntax without clear
> indication on where to look for explanations of anything I bailed. Not
> about to spend half a day or a day to suggest changing three sentences
> and be told that they were fine as is.

Is the recent http://wiki.dlang.org/Contributing_to_dlang.org along the
lines of what you need? What other sort of documentation would you find
useful?

> Sending Adam an E-Mail is
> something I totally would've done though :-)

Again this goes back to Adam. Let's say we had a contributor Eve who'd
gladly take emailed questions and suggestions and integrate them. Would
that be as nice?

Andrei