Better docs for D (WIP)

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 7 15:58:33 PST 2016

On 08.01.2016 00:13, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> My first experience with this:
[...]
> Fixing these small documentation errors took more than an hour of my
> time. I just hope the PR can be merged before it needs rebasing again ;-)

The master plan here is to get you invested in D. You just spent a
non-trivial amount of time on improving it. You may think that has been
annoying, but at the same time you don't want to see the effort go to
waste. You want D to succeed now. You're one of us now. One of us. One
of us. ;)

More seriously, maybe someone more experienced should just take over in
such cases. I think people don't do that, because
* it's not common practice,
* they have more than enough on their plate already,
* they want to encourage the newbie to become familiar with the system
so that they'll be able to make larger contributions in the future,
* they don't want to steal the newbie's credit,
* they'd have to wait for another staff member to review it while they
can just pull it themselves when the newbie perseveres (not sure if that
one's accurate).

But you can totally say that it's too much trouble for you, and that
you'd like someone else to take over, of course.

Also, a tip: After rebasing, leave a message stating that you did.
Reviewers are not notified of rebases by GitHub.