Beta D 2.070.0-b1

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 09:22:18 PST 2016

On Monday, 11 January 2016 at 16:24:56 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 January 2016 at 23:58:38 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> In case you don't already use Travis-CI or something similar,
>> you should start doing so. Testing the latest beta in
>> Travis-CI is as simple as adding dmd-2.070.0-b1 to your
>> .travis.yml [³] (and we'll soon make it even easier adding
>> support for dmd-beta and dmd-nightly).
>

> I fear there are more regressions that people can test for.
>
> Currently we can't "dub test" release builds trough DUB.
>
> If you do:
>
>     dub test mypackage
>
> it builds with flags -g -unittest -w -debug. (like a -b debug
> build + the -unittest flag)
>
> But if you do:
>
>     dub test mypackage -b release
>
> it builds with flags -release -inline -O -w BUT NOT -unittest
>
> Currently we can only "dub test" debug builds without anything
> dangerous.
>
> Since a number of regressions are in the backend, that could be
> useful if DUB would let us test release builds in Travis-CI.

 From my side, when I test a DMD release I just open 1 by 1 the
things in metad
(https://github.com/BBasile/metad/tree/master/repos) ,compile
them, some of the projects have a unittest "config" and I run it
as well. It's clear that there's a risk of compilation success
because templates are not instantiated...

Latest two rlz i've found regressions like that but this time
it's ok.
Regressions for 2.070 must be on very edgy things.