Vision for the first semester of 2016

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 22:17:44 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 22:48:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 22:33:32 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
>> 1) The prospect of getting something into the standard library
>> is a huge motivator for (at least some) potential contributors.
>
> I am not sure if that is the right motivation. Sounds like
> recipe for bloat. Good libraries evolve from being used in real
> applications. Many applications.

sayeth a low-level guy (if I understand correctly), which will
certainly create a distinct perspective about what you would like
to see in the standard library, and yet this may not be the right
thing for the language as a whole.

fwiw, people that do use D on a serious scale have remarked that
the richness of the standard library (even as it stands today)
was a major advantage - in bioinformatics, at a London hedge
fund, and I think AdRoll.