Live streaming of DConf 2016: confirmed

dilkROM via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 3 15:45:45 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 22:06:54 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 21:30:26 UTC, Nick B wrote:
>> On Monday, 2 May 2016 at 00:45:39 UTC, Nick B wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Any update on this ?
>>
>> Can't we get some communication on this issue ?
>>
>> I can't be the only person who wants to know what is happening
>> ?
>>
>> Nick
>
> The twitter feed provides a link:
> https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/
>
> But I'm probably not going to bother to wake up at 4am for it...

Yes, correct! There are currently three places to view the stream:

Sociomantic Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/

Sociomantic Website:
https://www.sociomantic.com/blog/2016/05/follow-dconf-2016-in-real-time/

Sociomantic UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pR6fAWVkXzw

We'll try to get a PR submitted to the official DConf website to
get a stream there too so people really have a wide variety of
where they are most comfortable to watch the live stream, but I'm
not sure how likely that last addition will be given that the
conference starting may engage most folks and thus prevent any
site updates. I could be wrong though!

If anyone else feels like they want to host a stream somewhere,
please let me know!

Lastly, if you want direct access to me or any other organizers
during the event, best case is to Tweet directly to @DLangConf as
that is more aggressively notifying us than the forums.