Introducing mach.d, the github repo where I put whatever modules I happen to write

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 25 15:19:28 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 20:31:34 UTC, pineapple wrote:
> A few weeks ago I made a github repo for D modules. I'm adding
> to this as I learn the language, and as I find myself writing
> modules to support other code.
>
> https://github.com/pineapplemachine/mach.d
>
> It hasn't got a lot at the moment, but it will grow for as long
> as I'm writing D. I suspect that will be a rather long time.
>
> Currently contains such modules as:
>
> mach.error.unit - Provides a better alternative to littering
> unittest blocks with "assert"s where if an assert fails there's
> no information regarding why. assert(a == b); vs. testeq(a, b);
>
> mach.math.round - Accepts templates for source and target
> numeric types.
>
> mach.text.english.plural - Reasonably accurate pluralization of
> English words.
>
> My focus currently is on developing mach.sdl, a wrapper for
> SDL2 and OpenGL, since ultimately I'd like to use D primarily
> for game development.
>
> I hope the library proves useful!

That's great news!

A bit off-topic, but I can't help to say it.
I know that writing your own library is fun, but something that I
see quite often when looking at e.g.

https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd
https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae
https://github.com/nordlow/phobos-next

is that people love to collect and build their own ecosystem, but
it would be a lot better if for a specific use-case there's a
great dub package or it's part of Phobos.

mach.error.unit
-> http://code.dlang.org/packages/unit-threaded

mach.math.round
-> sounds like a feature that could be useful for everyone. How
about making a PR to Phobos?