Release 2.071.2

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 19 06:43:02 PDT 2016

On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 13:08:34 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 12:26:21 UTC, Jack Stouffer
> wrote:
>> On a slightly related note, I think it would be a good idea to
>> branch off 2.072 and start beta testing right away, as it's
>> been five months since the last point release, and A LOT has
>> changed since then.  I fear that we may see a huge number of
>> regressions for this beta cycle because they've just been
>> compounding over this time.
>
> Yes, that was my intention as well. We'll discuss how to
> proceed in the next few days.
> On the good side those have mostly been phobos instead of
> language changes.
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/stable...master
> AFAIK the dmd work was mostly on C->D conversion and a few
> smaller fixes for @safe and @nogc.
> On the bad side phobos changes had the tendency to not care too
> much about compatibility in the past.
>
> As I've been on vacation the past 3-4 weeks, I still need to
> catch up and get a better overview.

Thank you for the release!

Please merge 2 ndslice PRs [1] for 2.072. They are required for
Mir to exclude ndslice package except experimental
ndslice.algotithm and future modules. It is very costly to
maintain both Phobos and Mir versions. So I would like to exclude
already accepted ndslice modules from Mir. 3 PRs are already
merged by Andrei, he also reviewed #4780. #4781 is main
preparation for Mir and it contains mapSlice, which was reviewed
as ndMap in #4652.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/phobos/milestone/9

Best regards,
Ilya