Numerical age for D: Mir v0.18.0 is faster then OpenBLAS

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 26 05:32:26 PDT 2016

On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 12:05:46 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> On Friday, 23 September 2016 at 13:25:30 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Sounds great!
> During my time studying mathematics - in the last century, one
> Dr. of the mathematical department has developed a C++ library
> as glue to some fast C libs using the possibility of operator
> overloading, to make the formulation of matrix algorithms quite
> beautiful.
>
> So would it be possible to get:
>
> // Performs: c := alpha a x b + beta c
> // glas is a pointer to a GlasContext
> glas.gemm(alpha, a, b, beta, c);
>
> transformed to something like:
>
> Matrix A,B;
> Real alpha,beta;
> Vektor c;
>
> c = alpha * A * B + beta * c;
>
> Maybe not for performance but for readability purpose?
>
> There was a recent thread about operator overloading but I
> didn't understood the problem.
> (sorry, still a D newbie).
>
> Regards mt.

Yes, this is possible. But, first we need a more low level
interface. It will help to extend the Mir library and to write
bindings for other languages (Julia, Python, R).