Released vibe.d 0.8.1

Matthias Klumpp via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 30 09:53:40 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 07:47:53 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Apart from removing the old vibe-d:diet package in favor of
> diet-ng, this release most notably contains a number of
> performance improvements in the HTTP server, as well as
> improvements and fixes in the WebSocket code. Furthermore,
> initial OpenSSL 1.1.x support has been added and a few @safe
> related issues introduced in 0.8.0 have been fixed.
>
> Change log:
> https://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.8.1
>
> DUB package:
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/vibe-d/0.8.1

Debian packages are on their way too :-) (pending approval from
our archive masters). Granted, this is most useful for
Vibe.d-using software that wants to be in Debian.

Now, the only thing I am missing in Vibe is a good interface to
PostgreSQL, because in some circumstances MongoDB is just a very
bad choice.
(Postgres even outperforms it in my testcase, and PG supports
JSON/BSON as well now).
DPQ2[1] looks very promising though :-)

Thank you for making Vibe.d!

[1]: https://github.com/denizzzka/dpq2