Released vibe.d 0.8.1

aberba via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 31 04:56:53 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 16:53:40 UTC, Matthias Klumpp
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 07:47:53 UTC, Sönke Ludwig
> wrote:
>> Apart from removing the old vibe-d:diet package in favor of
>> diet-ng, this release most notably contains a number of
>> performance improvements in the HTTP server, as well as
>> improvements and fixes in the WebSocket code. Furthermore,
>> initial OpenSSL 1.1.x support has been added and a few @safe
>> related issues introduced in 0.8.0 have been fixed.
>>
>> Change log:
>> https://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.8.1
>>
>> DUB package:
>> https://code.dlang.org/packages/vibe-d/0.8.1
>
> Debian packages are on their way too :-) (pending approval from
> our archive masters). Granted, this is most useful for
> Vibe.d-using software that wants to be in Debian.
>
> Now, the only thing I am missing in Vibe is a good interface to
> PostgreSQL, because in some circumstances MongoDB is just a
> very bad choice.
> (Postgres even outperforms it in my testcase, and PG supports
> JSON/BSON as well now).
> DPQ2[1] looks very promising though :-)
>
> Thank you for making Vibe.d!
>
> [1]: https://github.com/denizzzka/dpq2

Even with mysql (using mysql-native), the absent of something like

struct User {
     @optional int userName; //its ok if row doesn't have this
column
     @as("phone_number") string phoneNumber;

User[] users;
foreach(row; ...)
{
     users ~= row.toStruct!User;

MongoDB has facilities for these stuff automatically thats why
using it seem convenient and speeds up stuff. Mysql-lited does
this thing but the package does allow much control nor give much
query info like mysql-native.

I've heard good news about postgresql however, its driver could
still benefit from this kind of abstraction using CTFE and UDAs.